Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 12, 2017 - EMBRACE

Before even reading this post, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8vnaRiF_-U

I had every intention to post my healthy life hacks blogpost today and I'm still going to publish it later on this week, but my hearts telling me I need to get vulnerable on this super snowy Sunday afternoon.

Body image issues are something I have ALWAYS struggled with. I could almost guarantee that each and every single one of you reading this have as well. It's an everyday fight against somebody who is supposed to be your biggest supporter, motivator, and best friend. Yourself. How exhausted do we have to make ourselves before we see that fighting the person who's looking back at you in the mirror is a waste of our time? How many times do we have to jump up and down forcing ourselves to fit into a ridiculously tight pair of pants because of a number on the tag? How many times will someone have to tell us that we are so beautiful until we stop denying it? How many times will we choose to wear a t-shirt at the beach because we're ashamed of the body underneath? Ninety-one percent of women hate their bodies. When will this war end?

Body shaming is so real and so present in our everyday lives. Instead of giving those people power, I challenge you to counteract their negativity and spread love. Spread so much love that everyone around you knows just how wonderful they are. Be the reason that your daughter stands strong and holds her head high while dancing, singing, playing, running, or jumping. Tell your friends that they look gorgeous with or without makeup on. Encourage your sister to wear a bikini. Make sure your mom knows just how beautiful she is each and every single day.

YOU ARE SO UNIQUE AND RARE. YOU ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE STRONG. YOU ARE IMPORTANT. YOU ARE SO LOVED.

Thank you all for reading!

Love always,
Michaela



1 comment:

  1. I love this post! So many people feel self-conscious about their bodies and compare themselves to other people, I agree that we should try to embrace our flaws and compliment other people :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric