Monday, February 13, 2017

Healthy Lifestyle Tips And Tricks

Hi babes!

Since winter has over welcomed its stay this year, at least in my opinion, I wanted to share some of my favorite go to tips to stay as healthy and happy as humanly possible!

1. ELDERBERRY SYRUP

I capitalized it because holy moly does it work wonders! My friend Sophia ChillĂ© recommended it to me months ago because apparently it's huge in Maine (where she's from), and her family takes a teaspoon of syrup everyday to help fight off any cold/sickness that's heading their way. When I had started taking it I was only using it when I was feeling a cold come on, or once I was already sick. It definitly helped with my symptoms, but I highly suggest taking it everyday and making it part of your daily routine.



2. Water, water, and more water.

Everyone always says, drink water, you'll feel better. Guess who never listened?! That's right, me. Not only does water help flush out all of the toxins in your body, it boosts your energy levels, helps strengthen your immune system, and clears your complexion. Who doesn't want that?! I've lessened my coffee intake (crazy I know) and try to drink as much water as possible. 

3. Probiotics.

I never really understood why everyone was so into taking a probiotic. That was until I started taking them. Our body gives us huge indicators that it's not happy. Usually the first two signs come from your gut, and your skin. I highly recommend the HUM Nutrition Gut Instinct probiotic, but if you aren't willing to spend the $25 a bottle, there are many other options out there! Another delicious way to sneak probiotics into your diet is Kombucha. Yum! My favorite brand is Health-Ade, and I love the Pink Lady Apple flavor. 


4. Move your body!

Seriously guys, working out doesn't have to be a miserable thing. Being active can be super fun and enjoyable once you find something that works for you! As I'm typing this I'm waiting for my sister Jess to come over so we can go to the gym together! If I can give you one tip of advice it would be to have somebody to hold you accountable! Find a gym/workout buddy to make sure you're actually following through with your plans to achieve your goals. 

5. Spend time with people who encourage you to be the best version of YOU.

Stop surrounding yourself with people who consistently drag you down and make you unhappy. It's perfectly okay to say no. Start saying no, start having your own best interest in the back of your mind at all times. Make sure that the people you're spending the most time with love you and support you ALWAYS! If you feel as though you don't have that, reach out. Find those who will honor who you are and motivate/inspire you. 

Thank you for reading! 

Love always,
Michaela 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric