Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Skincare Tips and Tricks

Hey sweets!

Today I wanted to do something a little bit different on the blog. As you all might know, I'm done with my esthetics program at Catherine Hinds this week. Saying I'm excited would be an understatement! I cannot wait to begin my esthetics career and help each and every single one of you learn more about your skin and show you the best and most effective ways to take care of it.

First let me start off by saying your skin is the largest organ in your body. Wouldn't you think that because it's the largest organ we would be putting more effort into taking care of it? A lot of people don't know where to start and feel intimidated when buying or testing out new products. It's all a learning process and everyone's body reacts differently. My biggest goal is to help you feel more confident and comfortable when approaching your skincare routine.

Personally I think it is SO important to take care of yourself starting from the inside and working your way out. What I mean by that is eating a clean and balanced diet. Only consuming products that are whole and nutritious and really paying attention to what you're actually putting into your body. Exercising on a normal basis, and prioritizing your mental health. Drinking the recommended amount of water for your body type is crucial to not only helping your skin, but all parts of your body. I should be drinking anywhere from nine to eleven and a half cups of water a day. Am I doing that? No, not religiously, but when I do I see a huge difference in the appearance of my skin and in my overall health. The top layer of your skin regenerates itself every twenty-eight days give or take. That being said, if you're not properly taking care of yourself that number tends to slow down which means you tend to start seeing fine line and wrinkles a lot faster as well as having a dull appearance to your skin.

Some tips and tricks I've learned since being at school is to get your skincare routine down. Find products that work for you and stick with it. My recommendation is to use a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer twice a day. Once when you first wake up in the morning and once before you go to sleep. Another important step in your weekly skincare routine is to exfoliate one to two times a week. The amount of dirt, debris, and free radicals your skin is exposed to on a daily basis is mind blowing so you want to make sure you're properly cleaning your skin frequently. Make sure you're changing your pillowcase, as well as cleaning your phone religiously. Think about how much bacteria builds up on those two surfaces, and then think about how often they're in contact with your face. Please make sure you're removing your makeup before bed! Not only could it cause your skin to age more rapidly but it also clogs your pores which leads to breakouts. My last tip for you is to find yourself a lovely Esthetician! It's our job to help get any problems or concerns you may have under control and assist you in getting to a point in your life where you feel comfortable and confident in the skin you're in!

If you would like to stay up to date with my new career you can follow my Instagram account @lovealwayskincare and feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want to book an appointment!

Love always,
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric